Wednesday, September 14, 2011

The Dancing Banana -- revisited

Do you remember that Dancing Banana on YouTube from, like, 10 years ago?  The video featuring a cartoon banana, the victim of poorer than poor graphics (even for the time!), who danced to "It's Peanut Butter Jelly Time?" 

Well apparently I do.  Last week, while trying to make dinner for my hungry and screaming cubs, that silly banana danced right into my head.  From out of nowhere.  In the moment, amid the screams and smell of burning whatever-it-was, that dancing banana appeared to me like a mirage in the desert.  And in a moment of desperate parenting, I pulled it up on the computer for them.

It did the job.  And now, a week later, this is what we're faced with at bedtime:



Happy Wordless Wednesday!  As you can see, there is never a wordless day around here!  :)

2 comments: